Functions of the department
- The Department renders tissue diagnostic services on Surgical and Cytological Specimens from Jos University Teaching Hospital patients. These services are also rendered to other hospitals within Plateau and neighbouring states.
- The Department renders autopsy services which involve both Clinical and Medico-legal (Coroner) cases on request from Clinicians and the Magistrates respectively.
- The Department also renders storage services which involve body storage by refrigeration and embalment.
- The Department is actively involved in Teaching, Research and Community Service. Consultants and staff are involved in the teaching of Postgraduate Resident Doctors, Intern Medical Laboratory Scientists, Medical Students and Medical Laboratory Science students.
- The Cancer Registry of the Teaching Hospital is being overseen by the Department.
- Preservation of bodies in mortuary
Excellent providers of tertiary healthcare that enhances the quality of life of people.
To provide effective and efficient health services, training and research that meets the needs of the people.
- Sanctity of human life
- Compassion for humanity
- Honesty and integrity
- Hardwork and diligence
- Trust and Confidence
- Pursuing Greatness
Correspondences with Anatomic Pathology and Forensic Medicine (Histopathology) Department, JUTH, can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions