About the department
Health Records Department continues to maintain its primary responsibilities of generating, storage, retrieval and custody keeping of patients' health information for the continuity of patient care and presentation of data where necessary for management decision making, training and research purposes.
- Registration and Documentation of both Outpatients and Inpatients at various units which include:
- Retrieval of patients case notes and cards for follow-up in the clinics and GOPD.
- Daily filling of patient's case notes in the various decentralized libraries and GOPD.
- Daily monitoring of patients admission and discharged case notes on the wards.
- Daily provision of patients' case notes in the theatre for both booked and day cases.
- Compilation of daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly statistical returns.
- Disease surveillance through daily coding and indexing of in-patients case notes according to WHO standard.
- Provision of information for medical education and research purposes in collaboration with the ethical committee's approval.
- Form design and issuance of same for the treatment of patients and issuance of revenue generating items in the hospital.
- Providing of security documents such as death certificate, excuse duty, medical certificate of fitness form, etc, as the need arises.
- Liaising with other Departments for the smooth treatment and management of the patients.
- Teaching students on Industrial Attachment and those in the School of Health Information Management and Biostatistics (SHIM), JUTH.
- Carrying out such other functions as might be directed from above.
Excellent providers of tertiary healthcare that enhances the quality of life of people.
To provide effective and efficient health services, training and research that meets the needs of the people.
- Sanctity of human life
- Compassion for humanity
- Honesty and integrity
- Hardwork and diligence
- Trust and Confidence
- Pursuing Greatness
Correspondences with Health Records Department, JUTH, can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions