About the department
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma became fully operational in July 2011 following a successful split from the Department of Surgery as ratified by the Board of Management, Jos University Teaching Hospital, Jos.
Scope of duties
- Clinical Services: Emergency Care at Accidents and Emergencies Department
- Outpatient on Wednesday
- Clubfoot, special cast clinic on Thursdays
- Elective Operative procedures are carried out on Monday by two units of the department at the Modular and Casualty Operating Theatres Suite
- Emergency operative procedures are carried out as necessary at any of the suites available for use
- Surgical Site Infection with various skin preparation agents;
- Intra-operative blood loss reduction with use of tranexamic acid
- Medical Students in Clinical Orthopaedic posting;
- Post-graduate training for Orthopaedic residents in Junior and Senior residency levels;
- Training of residents from - Surgery and Family Medicine.
Excellent providers of tertiary healthcare that enhances the quality of life of people.
To provide effective and efficient health services, training and research that meets the needs of the people.
- Sanctity of human life
- Compassion for humanity
- Honesty and integrity
- Hardwork and diligence
- Trust and Confidence
- Pursuing Greatness
Correspondences with Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery Department, JUTH, can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions