The Dietetics Department is under the Clinical Services Unit of the Jos University Teaching Hospital. It became operational in the year 1981 under leadership of Mrs. Esther Gbadamosi.
The services rendered then, was a special diet kitchen (pantry) within the main kitchen. Subsequently, it transited into a full Dietetic Department.
- Training of Dietetics Interns, Resident Doctors on posting, IT students, CHO students and Youth Corpers.
- Tutorials and food demonstrations to Medical Students, Community Health Officers, Resident Doctors posted to the Department.
- Lectures in the various school in JUTH, like Post-Critical Care Nursing, CHO School and Post-Basic Nephrology Nursing.
- Dietary counselling, modifications, quantification of meal forms, both in and out-patients, and dispensing of Therapeutic diets to both in and out-patients.
- Production of complimentary and therapeutic feeds using locally available foodstuffs.
- Assessing and feeding of critically ill patients in the wards, ICU and HDU.
- Nutrition education, Anthropometric assessment in all the out-patient clinics in the hospital.
- Ward rounds with Doctors and subsequent follow-up of patients on admission. “